Here at Dark Tower games we are hosting our very first Age of Sigmar Escalation League! We want encourage new and experienced players to build, paint, and expand their armies. We also look forward to establishing a friendly player base that encourages, and embraces our community feel, our goal at Dark tower is to encourage the Hobby aspect of table top games and bring our community together!
This Warhammer League is an event for 6 months, meeting and playing games once a month! Last Saturday of every month! If you have ANY interest in playing Warhammer: Age of Sigmar, this is the place to be to see some friendly faces, enjoy good company and be a part of our awesome community!
LEAGUE INFO BELOW: If you have any questions please ask the front desk!
2. Sign up dates: May 1st through May 25th – Ask the front desk about signing up!
3. Entry fee & Requirements: $40 spent in store on A.O.S. miniatures (or $40 equivalent
spent on product in store). We also ask you to sign up your Alliance dedication, Order, Death, Chaos, etc.
4. Schedule: The escalation league will run from Saturday, May 26th, 2018 to Saturday, November 24th, 2018 - Bringing us together once a month for 6 months in total. Free play will still be encouraged on weekends/weekdays, but one Saturday a month will be reserved for league play (Last Saturday of the month). This makes it easier for people to build, paint, and prepare for other games. Official league games must be played IN STORE in order to count towards league participation.
5. Official Kickoff & Point Increments: May 26th (Last Saturday of the month).
a. 500 pt. Limit escalation
b. 750 pt. Limit escalation
c. 1000 pt. Limit escalation
d. 1250 pt. Limit escalation
e. 1500 pt. Limit escalation
f. 2000 pt. Limit escalation
6. Conclusion and Final Battles: November 24th (last Saturday of the month).
7. Pitched battle Tournament Rules: In each round all players will play the same Battle Plan. These battles plans will be used and announced on the event’s page on Facebook, each escalation battle plan will be available in store as well.
a. Take and Hold
b. Blood and Glory
d. Border War
e. Three Places of Power
f. Gifts from the Heavens
8. Misc. Rules: Battlefield is 6' by 4', No Mysterious Landscapes. Only war scrolls from one Grand Alliance can be used. Command Traits and Artifacts must be written on the army list, as said in the General's Handbook.
9. Scoring: All scores must be recorded and verified by an employee and a Growing Empire’s Battle sheet must be filled out and signed by players and given to an employee to make sure all players receive credit for games played. Each Player will be given a battle sheet for each round; this sheet will include scoring for painting, battle results and Best Sportsmanship.
Note to existing players – The goal is to add to collections, and build a strong player base and encourage the hobby. Bad sportsmanship will be judged harshly.
10. End of League Awards: These awards will include store credit – model prizes – Credit with O.K. Studios (Dark Tower’s in House painters) - And a Cash prize for League Champion and Best painted.
- Best in Show: At the end of the league, players will judge which person has the “Best in Show” at Leagues end. This is the Leagues favorite army.
- Theme Champion: At the end of the tournament, players will judge which person was the “Theme Champion” army at tournaments end. This is an army that was structured around a piece of fluff, or has a particularly cool theme. In case of a tie, the player that used his escalation character the most during the course of the escalation league wins.
- Hero Slayer: The player that slays an opponent’s warlord in the most battles wins the title of HERO SLAYER.
- Sportsmanship Award: At the end of the league judges will determine who had the most sportsmanlike conduct throughout the event.
- Best Painted: The player with the highest painting score during the tournament, and the best painted votes will claim best painted.
- League Champion: The player to win the most games during the course of the tournament and have the most objectives gained during the course of the league claims LEAGUE CHAMPION.