Dive into the enthralling universe of PS4 and PS5 gaming! These consoles offer an unmatched assortment of titles, but a seamless connection is key to making the most of them.
Here’s a twist – even with high-speed internet, lag, and delays can be your unwanted sidekicks. Say hello to DNS, or Domain Name System – the unsung hero that translates domain names into IP addresses.
Choosing the right DNS server can transform your gaming. Acting as the bridge between your console and game servers, it can reduce lag and ensure a smoother experience. Ready to power up? Let’s find and set up the best DNS servers for PS4 and PS5. Game on!
What do we Mean by DNS in PS4/PS5?
In the realm of PS4 and PS5, DNS is like a wizard guiding your console through the vast internet. But what exactly is DNS? The Domain Name System, or DNS, is essentially the phonebook of the internet.
You see, computers converse in numbers, specifically IP addresses. But humans, we prefer words. When you enter a website or connect to a gaming server, DNS translates that address into numbers, so your console knows where to go.
In gaming, speed is of the essence. The DNS servers provided by your ISP might not be the fastest or closest to your location. This is where custom DNS servers enter the fray for your PS4 or PS5.
By selecting a more optimized DNS server, you could potentially reduce lag and improve connection speeds. This means quicker game loads, smoother gameplay, and less buffering in streaming apps.
In essence, DNS for PS4 and PS5 is about paving the smoothest, fastest path for your console to communicate with the gaming world. It’s about choosing the right guide for your online adventures.
How to edit DNS server settings on your PS4
Upgrading your DNS server settings on your PS4 can be a game changer. Let’s walk through the process step-by-step, to ensure that your PS4 is turbocharged with the best DNS settings.
- Step 1: Turn on your PS4 Begin by powering up your PS4 and sign into your PlayStation account.
- Step 2: Navigate to Settings From the main dashboard, scroll up and head over to the “Settings” menu, represented by a toolbox icon.
- Step 3: Go to Network Settings In the settings menu, scroll down and select “Network.”
- Step 4: Set Up Internet Connection Now choose “Set Up Internet Connection.” Select “Use Wi-Fi” if you are connected wirelessly or “Use a LAN Cable” for a wired connection.
- Step 5: Choose Custom Setup Instead of the easy setup, choose “Custom.” This allows you to modify the DNS.
- Step 6: IP Address Settings Select “Automatic” for IP Address Settings. In the DHCP Host Name, choose “Do Not Specify.”
- Step 7: DNS Settings When you reach DNS Settings, choose “Manual.” Here you can enter the Primary and Secondary DNS numbers of the DNS server you have chosen.
- Step 8: Complete the Setup For MTU Settings, select “Automatic” and for Proxy Server, choose “Do Not Use”. Then, press “Test Internet Connection” to ensure everything is working properly.
- Step 9: Restart your PS4 It’s good practice to restart your PS4 so that the new DNS settings take full effect.
That’s it! Your PS4 is now configured with your chosen DNS server. Enjoy a potentially faster and more stable gaming experience. Game on!
Working DNS Servers for PS4 in 2023
Armed with the know-how to tweak DNS servers on your PS4, it’s time to unveil the optimal settings for this year. It’s important to remember that the secret sauce for one gamer might not be the same for another.
Yes, this quest may require patience, but envision the spoils – a transcendental online gaming journey. Isn’t this a worthy endeavor? Time to dive in. Experiment with these DNS settings:
|DNS Provider||Primary DNS Settings||Secondary DNS Settings|
What is the Best DNS for PS4?
Navigating the plethora of DNS servers available can be akin to finding a hidden treasure in a vast gaming world. The best DNS for your PS4 can vary based on location, ISP, and various other factors. Here’s a list of some universally acclaimed DNS servers that you might want to try out:
- Google Public DNS
- Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124
- Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199 Google’s DNS is renowned for its speed and security. It’s a great starting point if you’re new to custom DNS settings.
- Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52
- Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206 Cloudflare prides itself on privacy, promising to wipe all DNS logs within 24 hours. It’s also among the fastest DNS services around.
- Primary DNS: 220.127.116.11
- Secondary DNS: 18.104.22.168 OpenDNS offers additional features such as phishing protection and content filtering, making it a robust choice for security-conscious gamers.
- Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124
- Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199 Quad9 focuses on security by blocking access to malicious websites. It also boasts good speed, which is a boon for gamers.
- Verisign DNS
- Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52
- Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206 Verisign offers a balance of speed and privacy, with a commitment to not selling your browsing data.
Remember, the ideal DNS for you might not be the same as for someone else. It’s worthwhile to test these DNS servers to see which one offers you the optimal balance of speed, security, and reliability. Your PS4 deserves the finest setting to make your gaming escapades truly legendary.
DNS is the unsung hero in your PS4 gaming saga, ensuring smooth sailing through the internet seas. By optimizing DNS settings, you can unlock faster loading times, reduced lag, and a more robust online gaming experience.
There’s a world of DNS servers waiting for you. Don’t hesitate to embark on a journey of experimentation. Find the DNS server that resonates with your gaming spirit, and unleash the full potential of your PS4. Happy gaming!